Friday, December 02, 2011

Inhofe Laughs at the Annual UN Global Warming Conference

Says it'll be a lonely celebration in Durban, South Africa.

What Paul Gregory is Writing About: ClimateGate 2 Emails: The Real Smoking Gun (DOE Should Answer Before Congress)

I suggest that Congress call in the Department of Energy administrators responsible for funding Jones’ IPCC work to determine whether they are indeed “happy about not releasing the original station data.” If Jones’ assertion is true, I suggest that they be relieved of their positions.

1996 ClimateGate email

I really wish I could be more positive about the Kyrgyzstan material, but I swear I pulled every trick out of my sleeve trying to milk something out of that. It was pretty funny though - I told Malcolm what you said about my possibly being too Graybill-like in evaluating the response functions - he laughed and said that's what he thought at first also. The data's tempting but there's too much variation even within stands. I don't think it'd be productive to try and juggle the chronology statistics any more than I already have - they just are what they are (that does sound Graybillian). I think I'll have to look for an option where I can let this little story go as it is.  [Gary Funkhouser, U of Arizona]

No comments: