Sunday, January 22, 2012

Email 1710, April 2006, UEA's Tim Osborn: "I'm not sure that we can tell Science that we do *not* want to issue a correction to our paper and at the same time tell McIntyre that he cannot make public the fact that we used CRUTEM2v rather than HadCRUT2 as I stated in the online supplement"

Email 1710

date: Fri Apr 28 17:04:18 2006 from: Tim Osborn subject: Fwd: Re: Ruherford et al 2005 to: Keith Briffa

And here's a separate email from McIntyre. I'm not sure that we can tell Science that we do *not* want to issue a correction to our paper and at the same time tell McIntyre that he cannot make public the fact that we used CRUTEM2v rather than HadCRUT2 as I stated in the online supplement. Perhaps we should wait and see if Science are happy with us not issuing a correction; if they are happy with this, then I guess McIntyre should be allowed to make public our response, even though he will no doubt gloat and make hay with it. Cheers Tim

No comments: