Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Email 3794, Nov. 2003, truly odd stuff from Tom Wigley: "My thinking is that the only way to truly squash M&M is to have an independent third party come along and say ... I used exactly the same data and method as MBH and got exactly the same results, and, furthermore, I endorse the method...I still don't think that hard-earned data needs to be made freely available"

Email 3794

I will check out possibilities here. My thinking is that the only way to truly squash M&M is to have an independent third party come along and say ... I used exactly the same data and method as MBH and got exactly the same results, and, furthermore, I endorse the method. I will read your paper with interest -- this will be a good putdown, but M&M may still say that you are a mutual admiration society. Tom....I must admit that, having read the papers, I don't think there is enough information for *me* to reproduce what you have done. I could certainly do something similar, and I might discover the nuances as I proceded. But it would still be tough. I still don't think that hard-earned data needs to be made freely available. [Tom Wigley]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like BEST.