Friday, January 13, 2012

Email 4937, June 2003, Ed Cook to Keith Briffa: "This is not terribly kosher, but I am sending you the paper I am reviewing that attempts to destroy dendroclimatology as presently done, and my present review of it."

ClimateGate email 4937

This is not terribly kosher, but I am sending you the paper I am
reviewing that attempts to destroy dendroclimatology as presently
done, and my present review of it. This does not have to be sent in
until next week sometime, so there is time for you to add any
comments. Doing this is justified in my view because the authors use
your Tornetrask reconstruction as the main whipping boy. The paper is
rather mathematical in parts, but the bias they show in condemning
the standard method of climate reconstruction is pretty apparent. I
don't know if there is a hidden agenda or just an effort on their
part to show us dumb asses how to do it right! Anyway, give me a call
at home tomorrow if you wish, but certainly read what I have sent you
and please recommend changes or additions. [Ed Cook to Keith Briffa]

P.S. Please keep this confidential for now since it is a paper under review.

Hat tip: AJ

No comments: