Thursday, February 02, 2012

Email 137, Sept 2006, warmist Jerry North asks Mann et al to share their data with McIntyre: "McIntyre does have a point in that most of our research has been supported by US Taxpayers...as scientists we all owe it to each other to share information to the maximum extent possible."

Email 137

Of course, I have no authority to compel you to do anything with your data and I do not represent the NRC Committee on this matter. I understand that you have spent many days and even years collecting your data under sometimes dangerous conditions. But McIntyre does have a point in that most of our research has been supported by US Taxpayers. I also understand that archiving data is expensive and time consuming (I also know that not all of the archiving and quality control was supported by past grants), but as scientists we all owe it to each other to share information to the maximum extent possible.

So I would like to ask you that if it is feasible to grant McIntyres requests. Despite his sometimes unusual approach to science and scientists, I do believe he is bright, hardworking and sincere.

No comments: