Monday, February 27, 2012

In the early 1990s Lawless acted as a pump attendant in a television advertisement for Shell petrol

Meanwhile Lucy Lawless has shrugged off revelations she acted in a 1990s television commercial for Shell Oil, the company she protested against for the past four days at Port Taranaki.

In the early 1990s Lawless acted as a pump attendant in a television advertisement for Shell petrol.

Yesterday, Lawless admitted she was in the advertisement but then immediately launched into an environmental tirade and ended the media session.

"I remembered only when we were up there (the rig) that I actually did. I was pumping gas and somebody, and I don't think it was me, said `it's the fuel of the future'. I don't think it was my character but I always remember that line. And ah, sadly it isn't the fuel to take us into the future, we've got to get something clean."

Greenpeace NZ executive director Bunny McDiarmid said they were aware Lawless had taken part in the commercial "20 years ago, when climate change was hardly a speck on the radar".

No comments: