Thursday, March 15, 2012

Michael Mann suggests that he's "devoted his life to" the climate hoax; he also imagines a CO2-induced "nightmare scenario" which is "not all that different, in the worst-case scenarios, of the visions presented by Hollywood of a dystopian future Earth"

The Hockey Stick Chronicles: An Insider's Look at the 'Climate Wars' | Michael Mann | LiveScience
I was sort of an accidental and reluctant public figure in this debate, but through the experiences I've had along the way, I've found myself in a position where I can help inform the larger public discourse over human-caused climate change and what to do about it. I guess I feel fortunate to be in a position to inform that critical discussion. Being in the position to help ensure that we make the right choices so that our children and grandchildren inherit a healthy Earth, I couldn't imagine a more important issue to devote my life to.
...LiveScience: Do you have a nightmare scenario that you worry about if we let climate change go unchecked?
Mann: I do, and frankly it's that nightmare scenario encapsulated in my colleague James Hansen's characterization that if we proceed with business as usual we'll be leaving our children and grandchildren 'a different planet'. When you read some of the reports of national security experts about matters of food security, energy security, water security and the conflicts those issues could engender, it's not all that different, in the worst-case scenarios, of the visions presented by Hollywood of a dystopian future Earth.

No comments: