Monday, May 07, 2012

Walking the walk: David "Climate Nuremberg" Roberts reveals that he is "incredibly fond" of his own fossil-fueled vehicle which is "a suburban land yacht. It’s too big, too hard to maneuver and park on city streets, too fuel inefficient"

What car should my family buy? | Grist

Shortly after we got married almost 11 years ago, my wife and I bought a used 2001 Honda Odyssey minivan. We have been driving it ever since. We drove both of our kids home from the hospital in it. We picked up our puppy in it. It’s been on every one of our road trips. I’m incredibly fond of it.

My wife, not so much. She does most of the day-to-day driving, so the nostalgia factor isn’t enough to overcome her aversion to piloting a suburban land yacht. It’s too big, too hard to maneuver and park on city streets, too fuel inefficient. She’s over it.

No comments: