Wednesday, October 31, 2012

You can’t keep a good climate skeptic down - Salon.com
But you never have to look too far to find the skeptic point of view. Case in point: ClimateDepot, my favorite one-stop shop for attacks on climate scientists and the mainstream academic consensus that man-made global warming is substantially affecting our weather. ClimateDepot is run by Marc Morano, who served as the communications director for the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works back when Republicans controlled the Senate, and whose mission in life has long been to promote the view of his former boss, Sen. Jim Inhofe, that “global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.” Mitt Romney might be keeping his mouth shut on climate change, but you can bet your last Exxon-Mobil funding dollar that ClimateDepot will never be silenced.
I've never received my first Exxon-Mobil funding dollar.

My Climate Hero Award | Real Science
According to Bill McKibben, my CO2 footprint contributed to the record low number of tornadoes this summer.

Many lives were no doubt saved, and I feel that I deserve the Medal Of Honor for occasionally sacrificing my bike ride to get in my car and crank out some extra CO2.
RealClearMarkets - The Failures of "Green Energy" Industrial Policy
some $9 billion of federal stimulus grant funds spent on over 23,000 wind and solar voltaic energy projects between 2009-11 have generated 910 new "direct" jobs at a cost of $9.8 million per long-term job created. If one adds 4,600 new "indirect" jobs supporting the "direct" jobs, the resulting 5,510 long-term jobs created over this three year period would be at a cost of "only" $1.63 million in federal funding per job.

No comments: