Thursday, December 20, 2012

New poll: An overwhelming majority of Americans agree with Obama when he said "We Can't Solve Global Warming Because I F---ing Changed Light Bulbs In My House"

Fewer Americans Say Their Actions Can Slow Climate Change - NYTimes.com
The Yale Project on Climate Change Communication and George Mason University’s Center for Climate Change Communication found that the proportion of people who say their own energy-saving actions can make a difference in arresting global warming dropped to 32 percent in the latest survey, conducted in September, from 37 percent six months earlier.
...
But light bulb purchases apparently don’t correlate to political action. Although 70 percent believe global warming is under way, only 15 percent of respondents have donated money or volunteered to address the issue over the last year, and just 12 percent have contacted a government official on the subject, the survey found. Both of those measures showed little change over the last year.

And the number of people who say they talk about global warming with their family and friends – 29 percent – is heavily outweighed by the 71 percent who “rarely or never” do so.
2008: Obama: "We Can't Solve Global Warming Because I F---ing Changed Light Bulbs In My House"
So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'."

No comments: