Monday, April 22, 2013

Weather Channel's Stu Ostro, on why he believes that CO2 is overheating the planet: When he flies these days, he thinks there is a "milky gook visible" that wasn't there 30 years ago

My Climate Change | Earth Day 2013 | Weather Underground
So, what convinced me?
I Flew
When my parents, may they rest in peace, took me on my first flights back in the 1960s and 1970s, I recall the atmosphere being very clear once getting above the low-level haze layer. Now, there's usually a milky gook visible, even within a fresh clean cold air mass in winter, not just a stagnant one in August.

Greenhouse gases cannot be seen by the naked eye, but I thought, "If there's all this stuff in the atmosphere that I can see noticeably more than 30 years ago, maybe there's something to that carbon dioxide thing."

No comments: