Monday, June 10, 2013

Links

Obama campaign unilaterally ups the climate nonsensus to 98% | JunkScience.com
Can’t wait until the Obama campaign goes full Spinal Tap — and moves the nonsensus to where it really belongs… 101%.
Evans: Climate-change action is a conservative position - Boulder Daily Camera
When it comes to actual behavior, I'm not so sure that liberals or progressives who tout the consensus on climate change are acting much differently than skeptical conservatives. But then, why should they? There's nothing to even discourage the other guy's going to drive his Hummer to work, so why should I take the bus?
Twitter / clim8resistance: Gosh. Bob Ward saying scientists ...
Gosh. Bob Ward saying scientists need to learn debating skills. Physician, heal thyself!
Twitter / simondonner: Real tragedy of "climategate": ...
Real tragedy of "climategate": Bob Ward claims that some of UK public appears to have lost trust in climate scientists #climatechapman
Twitter / Foxgoose: @simondonner @STWorg That's ...
@simondonner @STWorg That's what happens when you lie & cheat - you lose trust.
Laura's Birding Blog: Declining Numbers of Birds
This spring has been exceptionally cold in my neck of the woods. As of June 3, a great many trees and shrubs hadn’t even started to bud out in Port Wing, Wisconsin, and there are far fewer Neotropical migrants on territory than I can ever remember. We lost a lot of birds during migration this year due to exceptional cold, both up here and down in Texas and the central states during migration, and I’m concerned about how successful the survivors will be at nesting. Studies have shown that for many species, nesting success is much lower when they arrive on their nesting grounds later than average.
Frequent Flyer Sean Meehan on why he signed the letter to United - Flying Clean
My name is Sean Meehan and I live in San Diego, California and Stockholm, Sweden. I am a Premier Platinum flyer in the United Mileage Plus program.

I signed this letter to United because I care about the effects that climate change is having on the world around me.

No comments: