Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"he's won every time": Climate hoax promoter Michael Mann wins NWF award

Mann receives Conservation Achievement Award | Penn State University
UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. -- Michael E. Mann, Distinguished Professor of Meteorology and director of Penn State's Earth System Science Center, will receive the National Wildlife Federation's National Conservation Achievement Award for Science on Sept. 25.
...
"No one has put more on the line in the name of climate science than Dr. Michael Mann," said Larry Schweiger, president and CEO of the National Wildlife Federation. "He's repeatedly gone all-in against polluters and their allies, staking his reputation on the integrity of climate science -- and he's won every time. Dr. Mann's tireless work to advance our understanding of climate science, help the public understand global warming and speak out for what must be done to confront it is an invaluable contribution to this and future generations of Americans."
...
"Never did I imagine, when my co-authors and I published the 'hockey stick' curve a decade and a half ago, that I would find myself at the center of the larger debate over human-caused climate change," said Mann. "But regardless of how I ended up a prominent figure in the debate, I consider myself privileged to be in a position to inform the societal discourse over the greatest threat humans have ever faced, the threat of dangerous and potentially irreversible climate change."

No comments: