Saturday, November 30, 2013

Links

GLOBAL WARMING DENIERS GUILTY OF ATTACK ON SCIENCE | UTSanDiego.com
In “The Inquisition of Climate Change” (2011), James Powell wrote, “I have come to believe that in the denial of global warming, we are witnessing the most vicious, and so far most successful, attack on science in history.”

I now have a firsthand appreciation of this entrenched hostility to science, especially that related to global climate change and future warming. What I do not understand is the reason for this hostility.

Bada is Distinguished Research Professor of Marine Chemistry at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego.
Peter Willcox, American Greenpeace Activist Jailed In Russia For Climate Protest, Won't Back Down
Even now, he said he'd do the Arctic protest again, knowing he'd spend two months in jail. "I mean, for me, I didn't like two months in jail," he said. "It was really tough. But for me, the alternative -- doing nothing, giving up the planet to the oil companies -- is not an option. If I have to go to jail for a couple of months, I'll do that. That's a price to pay. Ten to 15 years is another matter."

No comments: