Saturday, April 28, 2007

Two years ago today

Just for review, here's an excerpt from this article:
...On April 28, 2005, the peer-reviewed 17-author paper was published with much fanfare by Science magazine on its Science Express Web site. Cornell and the Nature Conservancy launched www.ivory-bill.com and provided the media with easily downloaded images. The lab's marketing department fired off electronic press releases to 1,000 members of the media. Cornell's press office beefed up its presence in Washington and assisted in the media rollout of news items: 43 radio shows, 174 television programs and 459 newspaper articles. Overnight, the ivory-billed woodpecker became a generally accepted scientific fact.
Related videos are here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lets take a moment to honor Jack Hitt, neighbor of richard prum, and all the other Yale skeptics that who shed some lux on this veritas.

Anonymous said...

While I understand there are many reasons to not believe that IWB still exist. I have to believe it does. I saw one in November of 2003 while sitting on a deer stand. I was hunting near Stephens, Arkansas. Stephens is not located in the so called "Big Woods" of Arkansas; rather it is in the Southwest part of the state. In reality the woods in the Stephens are much bigger than those of the Cache and are made up mostly of pine. I watch a female IBW for 10 minutes through a 14 power scope. I didn't report the sighting because as I told my hunting buddy, it couldn't have been an IWB because there extinct.