Monday, June 15, 2009

Twitter / earthrid
Huh? Birmingham council - AGAINST Climate Change http://tinyurl.com/6cyw4t but FOR holidays by air http://tinyurl.com/ltl2av
Why is This Called “Green” Rather than “Theft” | Coyote Blog
It reminds me of the scheme in the movie “Office Space” when they were going to steal money by rounding all transactions down to the nearest cent and taking the fractional penny for themselves. In millions of transactions, you steal a lot but no one transaction really notices.

I have seen this idea so many times now portrayed totally uncritically that I am almost beginning to doubt my sanity. Either a) the media and particular green advocates have no real understanding of science or b) I am missing something. In the latter case, commenters are free to correct me.
[What portion of the world's population will follow Paul on this one?] Sir Paul McCartney calls for meat-free Mondays to [improve the world's weather] - Telegraph
Sir Paul McCartney and his family have launched a campaign urging people to reject meat and go vegetarian once a week to help combat climate change.
...
Coldplay Chris Martin, Hollywood stars Kevin Spacey and Woody Harrelson, actress Joanna Lumley and tycoon Sir Richard Branson are among those backing the campaign.

Sir Richard said: "I love eating meat, but I love our planet even more, so I will join this campaign and stop eating meat at least one day a week."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sir Richard said: "I love eating meat, but I love our planet even more, so I will join this campaign and stop eating meat at least one day a week."

Which explains why he owns an airline and is building a new company that uses rocket spewing GhGs.

No hypocrisy in Sir Richard Land. None at all.

Maybe what he should do to be so holier than the rest of us is get rid of all meat on his airline meals. Of course his passengers wouldn't switch airlines, his profits wouldn't be savaged, he wouldn't be financially damaged.