Wednesday, June 24, 2009

YouTube - UN Secretary-General, New York mayor pitch scientific fraud
Concern for global warming is on the rise.
The Collin Peterson Climate Change Compromise - Conor Clarke
I don't have a whole lot to say about the compromise -- the bill now weighs in at a morbidly obese 1,201 pages, and much like every member of Congress I sure haven't read it -- except that I can feel my enthusiasm for the whole project slipping away.
...
I know that politics is the art of the possible and we must cling tightly to our copies of Machiavelli and blah blah blah. Whether an imperfect bill is better than no bill at all is a question we will all have fun answering in hindsight. But I don't see any reason not to point out that bill is imperfect, and I don't totally understand why so few people are doing that. A friend mentioned that Barack Obama got exactly zero questions about energy or the environment during yesterday's presser, despite mentioning the bill in his opening comments. Maybe ignoring the bill is better than swallowing it?

No comments: