Thursday, October 28, 2010

Minnesota meteorologist Paul Douglas still believes in the greatest scientific fraud in history

Wonk Room » Global Boiling: Continental ‘Weather Bomb’ Hits Midwest With Power Of Cat Three Hurricane
Douglas said he was “ashamed” of the Grand Old Party for ignoring the “writing on the wall”:
I’m a recovering Republican, and I don’t recognize my party any more. I’m ashamed so many Republicans don’t recognize the science. The writing is on the wall.
When asked if reducing global warming pollution is a moral challenge and not just an economic debate, he agreed strongly:
My dad was the biggest Republican that ever walked the earth. He always said: “Actions have consequences.” To pretend that a 38 percent increase in greenhouse gases isn’t going to have any impact, that we can have our cake and eat it too, and smear it all over our face, and maybe have our grandchildren deal with the hangover, I think it is immoral.
Douglas said that this election has “been corrupted with money,” as the “energy lobby is obviously well-funded and powerful, and nobody wants to make waves.”




No comments: