Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Warmist Mark Hertsgaard thinks you're stupid: "because of these cranks, my daughter might not have enough water to drink by the time she's my age"

The need for caution when 'calling out the climate cranks' | Leo Hickman | Environment | guardian.co.uk
I'm also concerned by the accompanying video Hertsgaard has recorded to help promote both his book and his cause. I very much share his fears about what climate change might mean for his children – I have written as much myself – but I'm worried his message might be easily batted back at him by those he seeks to challenge because of his use - on occasion - of hyperbole. For example, he talks about his fears that "because of these cranks, my daughter might not have enough water to drink by the time she's my age". Why? "Because California's snowpack will have melted." Judging by his apparent age, I'm guessing he means in about 40 years' time.

I hope he's got a peer-reviewed paper at hand to back up this point because otherwise he'll have the likes of ClimateDepot's Marc Morano on his back filling up the sceptics' echo chamber with wilful misinterpretations about how Hertsgaard thinks that sceptics are going to kill his daughter by denying her water. Or something.

No comments: