Saturday, July 30, 2011

Deluded climate hoax promoter Lewis Pugh looks back at his comically failed "kayak to the North Pole" effort

Remember back in 2008, when Lewis Pugh tried to kayak to the North Pole, only to become stuck in ice after traveling only 10% of the distance to his goal?
Related posts here, here, here, and here.
Now he remembers being *shocked* at how melted the ice was, and remembers that his kayak story helped inspire the British Prime Minister to enact climate hoax legislation.


Lewis Pugh Interview.mp4‬‏ - YouTube
I will never forget the first time I saw a polar bear. I was in awe of its absolute beauty. I realised at that moment that I may be one of the last people to see them alive.
He says in 2008, he tried to kayak to the North Pole. Pugh: "I didn't get all the way there but I was so shocked by what I saw, that I got on the phone, I was out in the Arctic, I got on the satellite phone and I called Downing Street and I spoke to the Prime Minister Gordon Brown and I said to him: 'Prime Minister, we have wholly underestimated the speed of climate change.' I remember in 2007 when I was in the Arctic, the majority of the ice north of Svalbard was about 3m thick. Just about 13 to 14 months later, it was barely a meter thick. And standing there on the sea ice, describing this to the Prime Minister, I think it made an impact on him. Very very shortly afterwards, he enacted legislation which went to the British Parliament cutting our carbon emissions in Britain by 80% by 2050."

No comments: