Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Austin Hughes: The Folly Of Scientism
The temptation to overreach, however, seems increasingly indulged today in discussions about science. Both in the work of professional philosophers and in popular writings by natural scientists, it is frequently claimed that natural science does or soon will constitute the entire domain of truth. And this attitude is becoming more widespread among scientists themselves. All too many of my contemporaries in science have accepted without question the hype that suggests that an advanced degree in some area of natural science confers the ability to pontificate wisely on any and all subjects.
Showtime Orders Up 'Titanic' New Documentary Series Pushing Global Warming Panic in 2013 | NewsBusters.org
The Hollywood Reporter and the Showtime press announcement did not include Cameron’s colorful comments on global-warming skeptics in 2010: “I want to call those deniers out into the street at high noon and shoot it out with those boneheads....Anybody that is a global warming denier at this point in time has got their head so deeply up their ass I'm not sure they could hear me." Then Cameron backed out of a debate with skeptics.
Blaming Hurricane Sandy On Global Warming Was Good Politics - But Terrible Science
Professor Bjørn Lomborg is a climate change accepter yet perpetual wet blanket for the hysterical Global-Warming-Will-Kill-Us-Unless-You-Vote-Democrat fifth columnists - in other words, he is what more people should be. He rightly notes that, if global warming had caused Sandy, we would not have gone 7 years without a Category 3 hurricane but we had the longest big hurricane drought in over a century.
New Evidence of Human Fingerprints on Global Warming | Climate Central
“After removing all global mean signals,” the authors write, referring to natural changes like volcanic eruptions and changes in the brightness of the sun, “model fingerprints remain identifiable in 70 percent of the tests involving tropospheric temperature changes.”  [So how, specifically, did they remove all the natural changes?  And what about the other 30 percent of the tests?]

In plain English, that simply means that the warming of the troposphere and cooling of the stratosphere can’t be explained in any other way than by the heat-trapping effects of human-generated greenhouse gases. “It was surprising to me how large the signal was,” Santer said

1 comment:

Soylent Green said...

Gee, where is that state-of-the-art-model predicted tropospheric Hot Spot...?