Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Alex Epstein: "On Sunday, at their Blackout Rally, 350.org sent their man Waldo to stalk me all day!"

350.org Tries to Intimidate Me | Center for Industrial Progress
A few months ago when I debated 350.org’s Bill McKibben, I was struck by how desperate he was to try to intimidate me instead of acknowledging and answering my arguments. I repeatedly observed that despite his decades of apocalyptic predictions, climate-related deaths have fallen 98% in the last 80 years due to technology powered by fossil fuels. In 90 minutes, McKibben refused to address this point, and instead tried to intimidate me–and the audience–with more apocalyptic predictions, several dozen of them in his first 10 minutes.
...
On Sunday, at their Blackout Rally, 350.org sent their man Waldo to stalk me all day! I’m not 100% sure his name is Waldo, but I call him that because this guy stalked us so much that we can play a very high-percentage game of “Where’s Waldo?” with our video footage.

Everyone I would try to talk to he would hand an “informational” flyer that said everyone should ignore our beliefs because my former employer once received some unspecified amount of money from the Koch Brothers–whose cardinal sins are refining oil (the material out of which Waldo’s trademark green hat is made) and promoting liberty.

No comments: