Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Hmm: Lukewarmer Tom Fuller sees only .5C of warming between 1998 and 20-freakin'-75?

The Next 60 Years of Lukewarming | The Lukewarmer's Way
For the sake of this hypothetical exercise I will assume that the static period in temperatures that started in 1998 will continue for about 25 years–much the same as previous periods of stasis. I therefore assume that temperatures will begin rising again in about 10 years, or 2023. (By that time we’ll have all forgotten about it and Judith Curry and Michael Tobis will be laughing about all the blogfights over a drink in a bar in West Texas.)
...
And I honestly think, in my Lukewarm heart of hearts, that temperatures will rise another 0.5C between 2025 and 2050 (give or take five years either way). And I think that then temperatures will pause again–maybe until 2075.

No comments: