Sunday, February 24, 2013

Warmist Auden Schendler, on why he crossed a "heavily trafficked four-lane road in defiance of the stoplight" during a global warming protest with his kids: "My children would be no safer in a world warmed by 4 degrees C than out on the most dangerous streets"

Welcome to the Revolution … I Think | ThinkProgress
Almost at the park where the rally was to be held, the crowd surged across a heavily trafficked four-lane road in defiance of the stoplight. In the streets the Marxists and the anarchists were exhorting people to ignore the lights. The traffic was honking now out of outrage, not support. A woman fell down and several people hauled her back up. “Now,” I thought, not particularly happily, “maybe something is happening.” I held my children well back on the curb and waited for the light.
...
And yet, waiting awkwardly at a stoplight in the middle of a revolution, we were no better off. My children would be no safer in a world warmed by 4 degrees C than out on the most dangerous streets. This corner was a place of false refuge. On my wife’s urging, we surged into the road, with the crowd, in defiance of the light.

No comments: