Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Links

MICHAELS: 'My scientists made me shrink your car' - Washington Times
In Big Science, money is power. Money is publications. Money is promotion and tenure, television time, awards, rewards and a permanent ticket out of coach. There’s simply no incentive for scientists to do anything but perpetuate their issues.

This is why, in 2018, when former President Barack Obama is confronted about his mandate of tiny cars because of dreaded climate change, he might say, “Well, what should I have done? My scientists, I say, my scientists, told me this is an important problem.”
Climate Bombshell: BC Not Reporting a Whopping 3 million Car's Worth of Climate Pollution | The Vancouver Observer
there are only about 2 million passenger cars currently on the road in BC.
South Dakota Politics: Hot News on Global Cooling
A young man from Africa who went to study in the Soviet Union, back when there was a Soviet Union and young men from Africa did that sort of thing, was asked about the winter in Russia. He replied that the green winter wasn't so bad but the white winter was terrible.

As much of the world, including my part of it, is currently enjoying a green winter, I chanced to listen to an episode of This American Life devoted to global warming: Hot In My Backyard. TAL is one of my favorite podcasts. I rarely miss and episode. While I expect quirky and entertaining fare and occasionally something that challenges my biases, what I don't expect is manifest stupidity. That is what I got from Julia Kumari Drapkin's contribution to the episode.
Team Moron Prediction In 2009 – “World will warm faster than predicted in next five years, study warns” | NOT A LOT OF PEOPLE KNOW THAT
Back in 2009, the Guardian reported:-
The world faces record-breaking temperatures as the sun’s activity increases, leading the planet to heat up significantly faster than scientists had predicted for the next five years, according to a study.

No comments: