Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Links

Sierra Club Sets Record For Unprecedented Human Stupidity In 2013 | Real Science
Mar 23, 2013

For the record—I do not think that any sea ice will survive this summer.
1972 Shock News : Arctic To Be Ice-Free By The Year 2000 – Northern States To Warm 25 Degrees | Real Science

Climate scientists must not advocate particular policies | Tamsin Edwards | Science | theguardian.com
As a climate scientist, I'm under pressure to be a political advocate. This comes mainly from environmentalists. Dan Cass, wind-farm director and solar advocate, preferred me not to waste my time debating "denialist morons" but to use political advocacy to "prevent climate catastrophe".

Jeremy Grantham, environmental philanthropist, urged climate scientists to sound a "more desperate note … Be arrested if necessary."
...
I believe advocacy by climate scientists has damaged trust in the science. We risk our credibility, our reputation for objectivity, if we are not absolutely neutral. At the very least, it leaves us open to criticism.
...
I became a climate scientist because I've always cared about the environment, since a vivid school talk about the ozone layer (here, page 4) and the influence of my brother, who was green long before it was cool.
Twitter / BigJoeBastardi: Chicago may have top 5 coolest ...
Chicago may have top 5 coolest front 10 days of August EVER. This after top 5 coolest last week of July, ever

No comments: