Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"I am burnt the f&ck out": Angry warmist David "Climate Nuremberg" will take a year off, "quit smoking and drinking various things", return to doing yoga in a room heated to 105 F.

Goodbye for now | Grist
So as not to bury the lede, let me begin with the big news: I’m taking a year off.
[10 years ago] I wasn’t outdoorsy, didn’t “love nature,” and had no experience or particular interest in environmentalism.
...
But I am burnt the fuck out.
...
And then there’s the grind, the pressure to interpret each day’s development through the lens of which team it will benefit. I spend a lot of my time being angry: angry at Republicans for being crazy assholes, angry at enviros for being so hapless, angry at the media, angry at random people on Twitter. It’s not just that U.S. politics involves daily offenses against decency and good sense, it’s that it just keeps offering the same offenses, over and over — same gridlock, same cranks and ideologues, same arguments, same grind.

I feel like I’ve had every discussion related to climate change or energy at least a million times. The “how to talk about it” discussion, the “is Obama a climate hero or the worst thing since Hitler” discussion, the “should climate scientists be advocates” discussion, the “carbon tax vs. cap-and-whatever vs. innovation” discussion, the “clean energy is intermittent” discussion, on and on and on. I’ve had them all so many times I’ve gotten to the point where I’m irritated and impatient with pretty much everything everybody says about anything.
...So I’m going to quit smoking and drinking various things, try to eat better, do a lot more walking, return to hot yoga (after 10 years away), and maybe even look into that crossfit stuff.
...
And speaking of the climate, it is screwed, but it won’t be any more or less screwed in a year.
[From Roberts' "hot yoga" link above]
Bikram Yoga is ideally practiced in a room heated to 105°F (≈ 40.6°C) with a humidity of 40%.[5]

No comments: