Wednesday, August 07, 2013

"My hands were going numb...quite an exciting and nerve-wracking experience": One man's experience in driving his brand-new planet-healing car home

A Year and a Half With a Nissan Leaf (Part 1): The Acquisition
When we arrived at the dealership, the salesman apologetically told me
that they somehow dropped the ball, and the Leaf had not been charged
the night before. What?! But not to worry, they'd been charging it since
he got in that morning. Again, what?! The Leaf kinda needs to be
charged to go anywhere, and it takes 7-8 hours to fully charge. How do
you mess that up?
...When we were within 15 miles of home, I actually only had 5 miles of margin to work with, and the temperature was dropping as the sun went down. My hands were going numb, and I seriously regretted leaving my coat in the Corolla. The weather had been nice and warm when we left the dealership, so I thought I wouldn't need it. I couldn't turn the heater on because I needed the miles to get home. Luckily my daughter had fallen asleep in the back, and had her jacket, so she didn't notice the cold.
...
Overall, that was quite an exciting and nerve-wracking experience.

No comments: