Thursday, July 22, 2010

Planet Gore Still Waiting for Its Big Exxon Check - Planet Gore - National Review Online
Benny Peiser has received a correction from the Times of London after they gave the false impression that his group was in the pocket of ExxonMobil.
...
Of course, funding sources only become an issue for the MSM when it’s those who find fault with computer-generated climate projections that receive funds for doing precisely what they would be doing anyway. When it’s folks like Michael Mann collecting sacks of cash from taxpayers (in this case, stimulus money!) and far-left foundations, the Times doesn’t care so much.
'The Inquiry Reports Are Lousy' - An Interview with Steve McIntyre
...A: I have no idea who is responsible for the release. But I do not think that it has much to do with the Copenhagen Conference. I think it came out after my FOI request at the UEA to have access to temperature data last summer. The university refused to provide this data, making some excuses that were not true. I found out that they had sent the data to another scientist. But they refused to send it to me saying I'm a "non-academic".

My guess is that the collection of emails was prepared in the aftermath of that publicity. Just as a strange coincidence: My FOI request was turned down on November 13th, and the last email in the list was from November 12th. And the document with the released emails was named FOIA.Zip.

Q: Who could be behind the release of the emails?

A: I do not know, but my guess is that it was somebody working for the university. In the documents of the Russell report, there is also a suggestion that it was somebody from the university. It could be somebody who acted because of personal reasons, for example he or she did not got a promotion.
Michael Levi's Blog » Blog Archive » New Maneuvers in the Climate Talks
I don’t have high expectations for Cancun. But I’ll have even lower ones if BASIC, the G-77, and ALBA are all working together. I’ll also expect the United States to take more of the blame for whatever failures the conference has.
EU Referendum: No news is the news
Interestingly, the silence also comes at a time when not only has the IPCC case on the Amazon been trashed but also, on the eve of the publication of a new tranche of research papers which seriously undermine the doom-laden scenarios promulgated by the warmists.

No comments: