Wednesday, December 12, 2012

If you see warmist Naomi Klein, don't make eye contact; back away slowly--Klein: "I just couldn't see a future for a child that wasn't some, like, Mad Max climate-warrior thing"

'I'd rather fight like hell': Naomi Klein's fierce new resolve to fight for climate justice
"The climate crisis," Klein told me, "is the ultimate indictment of capitalism, certainly the model of capitalism that we have, and the solutions to the climate crisis are the same as the solutions to the economic crisis."..."And when I said 'Move the center,' you know what I was always saying is, let's nationalize the oil companies."
...
She got quiet. "For a long time," she told me, "I just couldn't see a future for a child that wasn't some, like, Mad Max climate-warrior thing."
...She now believes that denying her desire to have a child, because of the mess being made by those willing to destroy the planet for profit, would be a form of surrender.

"I guess what I want to say is, I don't want to give them that power," she told me. "I'd rather fight like hell than give these evil motherfuckers the power to extinguish the desire to create life."

No comments: