Sunday, January 27, 2013

Actual NY Times headline: "The Biggest Carbon Sin - Air Travel"

The Biggest Carbon Sin - Air Travel - NYTimes.com
For many people reading this, air travel is their most serious environmental sin.
...
It is for me. And for people like Al Gore or Richard Branson who crisscross the world, often by private jet, proclaiming their devotion to the environment.
...We spend more for LED light bulbs and hybrid vehicles in part because we care about the environment.
Flashback: Obama: It's Not About the "F***ing" Light Bulbs! : TreeHugger
[Obama] So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.
More on the Church of Global Warming is here

No comments: