Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Links

Matt Ridley responds: ‘Phil Plait’s understanding of the literature in this area is very superficial and out of date’ | JunkScience.com
[Ridley] Sadly, Phil Plait’s understanding of the literature in this area is very superficial and out of date. He also fails to rebut my arguments entirely. Indeed, he admits I am right in the first case:

“First, it’s true that in the distant past (hundreds of thousands of years ago) a rise in carbon dioxide sometimes did follow a rise in temperature.” Actually, this is invariably the pattern in the ice core record, not “sometimes.”
The key to predicting climate change? Just study the temperature of earthworm poo, say scientists | JunkScience.com
these granules retain a ‘memory’ of the temperature of the air in which they are excreted
Study: Small birds versatile enough to cope with climate change - latimes.com
A new study projects that certain types of short-lived, small birds will easily withstand global warming throughout this century, even under worst-case carbon emissions scenarios.
The Climate Mafia Strikes Again: The Curious Case of Murry Salby | Power Line
It is likely that Tim Flannery, one of the leading climate campaign thugs who is also at Macquarie, is behind this purge.

I’m still convinced that I was correct when I said in my post on Salby last month that “I suspect there are a lot more Salbys out there in the sciences in academia.” But his treatment shows how hazardous it can be to challenge the “consensus” if you aren’t tenured. Which reminds me of a story on this point.

No comments: